- About Us
- Library Services
- Online Resources
- Reader's Page
- Friends of the T. B. Scott Library
Stone Smith Genealogy & Local History Room, 3rd level of the library.
- Two microfilm reader-printers (15¢ per page.)
- Internet Computer with scanner. (15¢ per page.)
- Obituary Index on microfiche to the local newspapers on microfilm dating from 1875 to most recently filmed.
- Census microfilms from the time Wisconsin was a territory through 1930 Federal Census for Lincoln County. 1940 Census will arrive soon.
- Print collections in this room include the library's Local History, Wisconsin History, Genealogy Circulating and Reference Collections, & North Pines Genealogy Group's reference collection.
- Local History includes: local family histories, older City Directories, histories of Merrill and Lincoln County, and some older Lincoln County Plat books.
- A complete collection of high school year books from 1895 to present are shelved nearby at the Reference Desk.
- Wireless access - to Internet, but not to a printer.
Genealogy Contacts & Resources
Local Genealogist Contact: Sharon Karow – email: SLKarow9@aol.com
North Pines Genealogy Group
P.O. Box 132
Merrill, WI 54452
Web Page: www.northpinesgenealogygroup.4t.com
Meets at 6:30 p.m. 3rd Thursday January through May and August through December at T. B. Scott Library. Dates subject to change. Membership brochure available from the P. O. box address above.
Ancestry Library Edition ~ By subscription. In library use only. Provided by WVLS, Wisconsin Valley Library Service. (Includes Social Security Death Index.)
Heritage Quest Online Provided through Badgerlink.
Local History Contacts & Resources
Merrill Historical Society & Museum
102 E. 3rd St.
Merrill, WI 54452
Web Page: http://www.merrillhistoricalsoc.com/
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Tue. - Fri. 9-1
Wisconsin History Resources
Central Wisconsin Digitization Project - Includes photos of the Lincoln and Marathon County railroads, schools, libraries. T. B. Scott Library was a major contributor to this project.
Wisconsin Blue Books online - Published annually from 1879-1883 and then biennially since 1885 to the present day, the State of Wisconsin Blue Book is the primary one-volume reference source about the state, documenting the organization of the state’s three branches of government (legislative, executive, and judicial). Covers 1879 through 2003/2004 books.
Wisconsin Magazine of History Archives - Search, read and print past issues of the Wisconsin Magazine of History! More than 2,000 feature articles totaling over 30,000 pages, exactly as they originally appeared, will be available here shortly. About a third of them are online now. Volumes 1-35 are available now (over 13,000 pages issued 1917-1952). All back issues will be accessible later this year. Your search results will vary day to day as we add more issues and improve performance in coming months. This free online access to the Wisconsin Magazine of History is made possible by a generous grant from the Schoenleber Foundation of Milwaukee.